Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Transitioning

I've transitioned from working mom to stay-at-home-mom to nanny/stay-at-home-mom.  I'd be lying if I said that I didn't love the stay-at-home-in-your-jammies-watching-one-too-many episodes-of-Yo-Gabba-Gabba best.  However, watching these two sweet boys is a very close second.  I do love it.  And when I have a moment of "stress," I quickly remind myself that I am so very lucky to NOT be working anymore and getting to play all day and feed teddy grahams and peanut butter to two cutie pies instead.  I remind myself that I am lucky to be with Caleb all day.  I remind myself that I am lucky that someone else trusts me with their little.  I remind myself of how lucky these two are to have each other.  They are already best buds.  Much of the day they are taking toys from one another, Rayaan telling Caleb, "No, No, No!" when Caleb is into something he shouldn't be, or parallel playing side by side but not really "together."  But they love each other already.  Caleb gives Rayaan goo-goo eyes that say, "You are so big and cool and I want to be just like you!" and Rayaan hugs the "bebe" when he is upset or offers him a toy, then another, and another, "More!  Here bebe!"  Yep, it's a close second indeed.





No comments:

Post a Comment